Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, December 9, 2011

Info Post
It has become a practice at the end of a year to compile a "Best Of" list. That is tough to do, and to call it such is a bit of a conceit. Who am I to say? The following is a whittled down list of books that I read in 2011 that grabbed me and touched me. I had 27 or so to start with; when I started to pare it down, there were three that I felt had to be there for certain --- THREE SECONDS, THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME, and FEAST DAY OF FOOLS; I literally picked the rest of the titles out of a hat. Here they are, in no particular order:

THE WOODCUTTER --- Reginald Hill
LUCIFER’S TEARS --- James Thompson
THE DEVIL ALL THE TIME --- Donald Ray Pollack
THE HYPNOTIST --- Lars Kepler; translated by Ann Long
THREE SECONDS --- Anders Roslund & Borge Hellstrom; translated by Kari Dickson
FEAST DAY OF FOOLS --- James Lee Burke
THE PACK --- Jason Starr
BREAKING POINT ---Dana Haynes
COLD SHOT TO THE HEART --- Wallace Stroby
SOFT TARGET --- Stephen Hunter

John Miller will be here next Saturday and I will be back after the first of the year, hopefully with some interesting news. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. And thank you for spending time with me this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment