Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, October 1, 2011

Info Post
dIt's October, which means the time has time to begin my next project—counting down some of the best scenes from the last 10 years. The countdown won't start until tomorrow, but I thought a brief introduction was in order.

I didn't want this list to necessarily be a repeat of my 20 favorite films from the last decade. So before coming up with the list of 20 scenes, I came up with a list of 10 films I was absolutely going to exclude from this list. They are films that you probably know by now how much I love, and had I included them, they'd be all over this countdown.


The scenes you'll see on this list are from films I might not talk about quite as often, but for the most part, they're mainstream films that you've likely seen.

Which brings me to my other point: This countdown will be spoiler-heavy. In most cases, I'll be posting a video of the scene, and then using the words to talk about why I love it and why it's important to the film. There will be nothing spared. In fact, a few of the scenes on the list are endings. Just consider yourselves warned this all begins.

I've left a couple spots open if anyone else is interested in writing a post about their favorite scene. I've already got two people assisting me. Just shoot me an email (johnlikesmovies@gmail.com) if you're interested. You can write about one of my selections or pitch a scene that you love. Can't offer any payment or anything, but I'd be happy to discuss some cross-linking and other promotion possibilities.

I hope you enjoy the countdown. You can keep track of it right here as I update this post with links to each new entry:

0 comments:

Post a Comment