Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, June 23, 2012

Info Post
Back in the Summer of 1978, I was on a trip with my parents to the Pennsylvania Dutch country and then, Washington D.C. I believe that it was on that trip that we drove by a movie theater marquee with the title Warlords Of Atlantis emblazoned upon it. Based on the title alone, I knew it was a movie I had to see.

Unfortunately, by the time we returned home it was no longer playing in area theaters (if, indeed, it ever had), and strangely, it never seemed to show up on network or local TV. Some years later, I found out more about the film (no doubt through articles in Starlog or Fangoria), and discovered that it was part of the John Dark-produced, Kevin Connor-directed cycle of 70s fantasy adventure films that included The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot, and At The Earth's Core - all of which starred (or featured, in People's case), the indomitable Doug McClure. But although I eventually saw all of those other films on television, Warlords never seemed to crop up in the TV Guide. I never found it on VHS in the Eighties, either. And once DVD came along, MGM released all the others on DVD... but not Warlords, dammit.

A few weeks ago, I finally got a multi-region DVD player. I knew that Warlords (also known as Seven Cities To Atlantis) had been released on DVD in the UK, so I set out on an Internet safari to try and track a copy down for purchase. Unfortunately, I haven't found one that I can afford... so it looks like it will be a while longer before I finally get a chance to see the film. I could probably find it on YouTube... but I hate watching movies that way.

So, for now, I've got these terrific theatrical one-sheets to enjoy - and I hope you do, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment