Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 29, 2011

Info Post
lonflo b

"... maxi dresses are back this summer..." I think I have heard this at the beginning of every summer for at least the past four years. I couldn't care less whether they are back or not; I just didn't think they were for me, and for a number of reasons. I'm short, so won't they swamp me? So much fabric; will I look like a mobile tent?

Over the past few months I have seen some stunning 1930s floor length dresses in beautiful cottons and rayons, with lovely colourful prints, and with cuts that definitely do not make you look like a curtain on the prowl. I liked them a lot more than any of the modern offerings out there... but I didn't want to be making such an investment (they don't come cheap!) on something I wasn't sure about.

lonflo a

And then the most recent Kate Moss for Topshop was released. It had some lovely looking vintage-esque long dresses – and, of course, gorgeously styled photos to match. And as they were so vintage-y styled, perhaps I could find an actual vintage one? I'll take good cotton over polyester where I can, thanks ;) (And let's not start on mass produced and so on, not now, not today, hehe...) I found this 1970s one on etsy. I think it was the colours and the print that really got me, and it had a defined waist and bodice – and those shoulder ruffles! And, I have to say, I love it.

1970s floor length floral dress >> etsy.com
possibly the best shoes I've ever owned, in ivory >> remixvintageshoes.com (the Ritas)

Well, this is turning into a long post..! I am getting into some fairly heavy duty decorating at the moment – I can't wait to have it all finished and to be able to take photos of the end result, and photos on me in it, too! Thanks for the patience with my squashy pictures for now, I'm doing my best :)

lonflo c

0 comments:

Post a Comment