Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 29, 2010

Info Post
mimrev q

mimrev b

A little while ago, I was contacted by Mimco regarding the possibility of me doing a post for them, in exchange for something from their new range. Now, this kind of thing is pretty standard fare in the blogging world these days, and, as flattering as it is to be asked, I am not usually interested – nothing personal, I just like to feel free! :) However, a bit of investigation showed me that this one was a bit different. It was not just their range that appealed to me, but the story they have built around it; the packaging, the video… the idea as a whole.

mimrev a

I love this kind of thing; I love worlds being imagined and created, and somehow something so ethereal is made that little bit more tangible. The thought and detail that has gone into this particular project is incredible, and couldn't be more up my alley; old hardback books! big ol' metal keys! and oh, the book has a secret compartment that has been hand cut! The support that this kind of thing gives to creatives (I was a graphic designer in a past life) is something I really appreciate, and I am chuffed to be just a teensy tiny part of it, right at the end of all their hard work. I really love seeing things like this done for branding, and how it lets people see their ideas come to life. I have included as many pics of the packaging – although I think it deserves a word better than that – as the product I chose (the earrings), as it really is beautiful. The video at the end here was part of the agreement ie. if I went ahead with this it had to be included in the post, but, having been given a chance to watch it before I agreed, I knew it was something I was happy to put up. I would love to see more stuff like this being done here in Australia.

mimrev c

mimrev d

mimrev e

mimrev f

mimrev h

mimrev g

mimrev i

I chose the earrings; I have been wearing my hair up a lot lately, and, for a long time, have been thinking of different ways to decorate it – brooches, bows, flowers, birds... all sorts ;) (The birds, by the way, will be here soon! Um, they're flying over..?... no, no, they're not really, they are attached to my bird cage and will re-perch soon) So, when I saw the earrings, I new instantly how I would use them. I have pierced ears, but never, ever wear earrings – not for any particular reason, really. I actually got some (cheapies) a few weeks ago, and wore them a few times... it was nice, but I just don't tend to wear jewelry that much in general. Maybe this will change, though – I do like change :) I LOVE change! Viva la change! Et vive le revolution!

mimrev r

mimrev p

mimrev k

mimrev j

mimrev n



mimrev o

0 comments:

Post a Comment