Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 20, 2012

Info Post
This is the poem I worked on today to accompany a Tiny Drawing by artist Jenny Mathews. The challenge here was that not only is this a Tiny Drawing, it is the tiniest of the Tiny Drawings. That flower is smaller than the head of a thumbtack, so every time I tried to use a font the text looked enormous. Finally I chose the Gabriola font. Also, I know it's against the unwritten rules to discuss a poem, but this particular Tiny Drawing is very atypical of the type of detail this artist puts into a drawing. I know this was done intentionally so I chose this drawing and coupled it with a poem I consider understated and minimalist. It's a scene I actually witnessed from my window overlooking one of the busiest intersections in my city. The Midway is a real old time theater on the next block. I like this. I want to try and make one of these every day, pairing a Tiny Drawing with a poem, using a different font for each one. Please feel free to share this if you like it. You can also see the entire gallery of Tiny Drawings at Tiny Drawings
More Tiny Drawing Poems

0 comments:

Post a Comment