Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, January 19, 2012

Info Post
Last night, a little bit after midnight in Chicago, Antagony & Ecstasy hit one of the grandest milestones in the life of any blog: its one millionth visitor.* I have taken a snapshot of the evidence, for all posterity to enjoy.


Thanks to all of you for helping me get there, especially you, visitor from Syndey, Australia, using Safari on a Linux machine. Here's to the next million!

I'm not certain if it's the best way to celebrate, but later today I'll be inaugurating a new series: since it is a slow time for new releases, it seemed like a good moment for a retrospective, and there's a filmmaker with a new movie just about six weeks out, and I've been thinking for awhile now that It might be a decent thing for this much-dismissed auteur to get his due critical tribute, even if that tribute largely consists of me finding variations of the phrase, "yes, this is awful, but in such a remarkably unique way!"

That's right, tonight is the kickoff of Antagony & Ecstasy's retrospective on the works of Tyler Perry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment