Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 11, 2011

Info Post
As I said a few posts ago, I almost always wear my nails with moons. Initially I would paint them with a steady hand, and got a pretty good result – but of course, perfect is nicer. Now I use stickers to get the curved line really neat.

minmoo g

I usually use plain old stationery sticky circles, but it turns out I am allergic to them (of course) and they give me red, itchy, (had to use the Oxford comma, what with all the talk about it lately!) and puffy finger tips. Mmm, attractive. They go back to normal pretty quickly though, so it's not the end of the world. Still, I decided to try the stickers you can get to do French manicures.

minmoo f

It's really straightforward. Stick the stickers where you need them – I found I can cut these ones in half, so did that for my other hand and always cut the sticky O's in half too. Make sure to stick them on both hands before you start painting! And really press them on to your nail with another nail – you want a tight seal!

minmoo e

Paint on the nail varnish. I was having a mint green kind of day, so when I saw this mint green nail varnish on the way out of the chemist I new I had to give it a try. Paint it on nice and thick, especially around the sticker end. Blob blob blob.

minmoo d

Wait for it to dry. Take the time to admire how well the colour matches with other mint green pretty things in the vicinity, like vintage floral dresses. Don't put your fingers under a cold tap to make things set faster; this might melt the sticker glue and make the stickers soggy and impossible to remove. Believe me, I've tried. Learn from me!

minmoo c

Ready? Take all the stickers off. Now admire the neat lines...

minmoo a

... or not so neat lines. I found these manicure stickers didn't stick that well to my nails, so I had to tidy them up. Hmm. Think I'll go back to the itchy sticky O's.

minmoo b

On my way to the chemist, I'd popped in to my local op shop (as you do) and found this mint green vintage cup, saucer and... little plate (do they have a name?) set. My nails match so well even Babycat approves. Huzzah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment