Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Info Post
strblosho a

So, today is officially the first day of Autumn! It definitely felt anything but summery – the day started really cold and grey and gloomy and windy, but the sun did pop out in the afternoon. I love Autumn. And although I didn't get to wear as many summery things as I expected to (this has been my first cold Melbourne summer) and feel maybe just a teeny bit cheated, I always look forward to getting out my warm clothes.

strblosho k

I got this '70s blouse back at the start of summer. I love that it actually fits so well! I usually find the shoulders on the kind of oldish blouses I like way too big, regardless of the size of the blouse itself. And then of course it's just up my ally, with its slight sheerness and stripes and its peter pan collar, that attached scarf (oh, shall we do a pussy bow today?) and the neat puffed shoulders – sans padding, of course.

I have spent the last 12 months – more? – mulling over getting a pair of black silk shorts. Now would probably a good time, seeing as shorts are everywhere. I think they would be a really handy winter thing. Speaking of wintry things, it was cold enough to wear my 1940s wool blazer – oh, I hate to say blazer, it sounds so last season (and several seasons before, too, hehe) but that is what it is. It has a matching skirt, and both just seem to be made for me. Isn't it great when that happens? One of the many joys of vintage. I did try to get pics of it, but, um, fail! I am going to wear it loads, so it will say hello soon :)

strblosho h

strblosho j

Oh, and although my timing wasn't deliberate, I made a pumpkin soup for dinner. How appropriate for the first day of Autumn!

1970s blouse : second hand
black sailor shorts : tara starlet
brown brogue heels : oh my beloved comfy shoes, from somewhere on brunswick st about 18 months ago

strblosho c

0 comments:

Post a Comment