Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Info Post
It was my birthday few days ago. It was doomed to be lonely and sad. I had to work in the morning (teachers' meeting at school) and spend completely alone the rest of the day. Mind you, I hate to celebrate my birthday, especially now that I have to cope with the fact that I'm not ...let's say... 20 anymore! However, the idea of my husband and sons at the seaside and me here at home alone didn't help my already difficult coping with the hard truth!
Mothers are always very attentive, aren't they? Mine insisted for lunch together whatever the time I finished at school was. I said "OK, Mum!" and wasn't alone for lunch. Mum, Dad, Granny (yes! 98 and she was there too), Aunt, Sister, Nieces and Nephew were all there for me! Lovely lunch and after-lunch chat around the table. No blowing on the candles... for practical reasons but the cakes were delicious!
Once I got home in the middle of the afternoon, ready to spend the rest of the day reading, answering the phone and blogging,  a phone call changed everything ... My friend Karen's. "I'm coming and fetch you... click!" What does that mean? Very briefly,  she was going to face a one-hour's drive after work to fetch me!
Her present ? A lovely dinner with her and another friend of hers, Rome by night, friendship and sympathy, talking and laughing.  It was really special. How did I find such a special, generous friend?


 




See Richard Armitage, actor.


Well... he was only the sparkle... we did the rest.
I didn't feel alone on my birthday also  thanks to  my many online friends/mates/acquaintances. Wishes, e-cards, nice words, pictures. What do I share with most of them?
See Richard Armitage, actor

Well, also Jane Austen,  period drama, love for books and reading.....
Now, I wanted to show you some very special prezzies I got from a talented blogfriend. Do you like them? She said they are only mine! She didn't post them but give me the freedom to share. Aren't they awesome?



We are eagerly waiting for this new film ... The Three Musketeers. Matthew Macfadyen will be Athos with Orlando Bloom (Duke of Buckingham), Logan Lerman (D'Artagnan) , Christopher Waltz (Cardinal Richelieu) and many other popular names in the cast. The film is due for release April 2011.
Have a very good Sunday! Hugs. MG.

0 comments:

Post a Comment