Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 22, 2010

Info Post
Photobucket

And clearly it is still hot here :) More stripes, this time on a '40s sun dress. I love these kinds of stripes, especially on dresses. When this dress arrived I was actually a bit disappointed at first, as it was quite a lot bigger than the measurements given. It was only after trying it on and then wearing it for a few minutes that I realised the extra room was, in fact, a good thing; the fabric is fairly delicate, and if it was smaller, and 'fitted' me, it would soon get torn by me moving too much, and I hate being restricted by clothes. At this size (it's maybe a dress size or two up) I can move all I like.

Photobucket

I found these 1970s sandals (pics next time) at the op shop the other day, and, as I don't think I could ever really have too many pairs of red shoes, I snapped them up; their somewhat '40s styling (sans platform, alas) made them a good match for this dress. They were unworn, and their leather soles need some good scuffing to make them truly safe, but as we still – still! – have some hot days coming up that should be taken care of very soon. We are more than half way through Autumn...

dress etsy.com
shoes opp shop


Finally, I just want to let you know I haven't been home much for the last three days, so I am very behind on comments and visits and so on. I will be catching up soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment