Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, May 24, 2012

Info Post
clothes racks
A little while ago I had some requests to show what was on my clothes racks, so here it is! These two full racks hold my op shopped things, mostly skirts and blouses. I've now moved them to the other side of the room, and culled a few things too – I was hoping to get it down to just the one rack but I'm not quite there yet! Here are a couple of things from them. If there is anything else you want to know, just ask me!

On the left rack are my summer tops (and I have no where near enough of those! THE hardest things to find, new or otherwise) and all my skirts. The one on the right has my 1970's and 1980's dresses that I don't wear very often anymore but don't want to part with, the four pairs of pants I own, a few cardigans and my blouses. The way our windows and roof are means that no direct sunlight hits these racks, so while keeping things like this is not ideal – yes, they are exposed to dust and, le gasp, potentially moths – it's working out well for me. I love those beautiful old vintage dark wooden wardrobes, but they are too big for this little room and make it too dark. Having two light racks on wheels is so much more convenient.

dots stripes pink skirts adots stripes pink skirts b
These two summery skirts have not had enough wear lately. I am going to shorten the floral one a little, and straighten out the hem; it's a circle skirt and doesn't sit quite evenly at the moment. I love the dots and stripes one and will get lots of wear from it this winter as well as next summer!
full skirts black grey wool
Two full skirts for winter. The one on the left is a pure wool 1980's one, in a dark grey and white weave. I bought it from a local op shop and shortened it to a bit below the knee. You can see me wearing it almost two years ago (!) here. On the right is a vintage black skirt with bows at the pockets – I can't wait to wear that one!
full skirts black stripe
Two more full skirts, both from asos. I love the black one on the right, as it reminds me of those old hooped petticoats.
plaid skirts
And two more pure wool skirts, this time from the 1970's. The one on the left is a fairly recent find, and I am looking forward to wearing it now it's cold enough. The blue and orange are the perfect colours for me!
pussy bow mustard peach
As you know, I love pussy bow blouses! I don't wear them quite as often as I used too, but still have a soft spot for them. I love peachy pink and mustard together...
blouses birds grey stripe b
And patterned blouses. The yellow one has tiny birds in blue and white.
blouses birds grey stripe
Sweet tweets.
blouses rust blue
A deep rust coloured pussy bow blouse, and a bright sky blue 1980's blouse. Fun things to have. I especially love the rust one. I wonder if it will layer under some of my dresses this winter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment