Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, February 27, 2011

Info Post
yeldre b

Well, I finally finished painting the yellow room, well, yellow – a lovely creamy buttery shade which is, appropriately enough, called Butter. Until last week this room was a horrible, overcrowded, dingy-white painted bike shed, and a general dumping ground for things that didn't belong anywhere else. After a bit of hard work under the floorboards, we now have a carpeted cellar (hehe, of sorts – it really isn't as grand as I just made it sound – but it is most awesome and useful) for storage, and this room, a study proper, although we have been jokingly referring to it as our sun room and the term is starting to stick. Now we need to put up pictures (left a bit, down a bit) and lots of shelves (down a bit, left a bit) and find a good lamp, and maybe a little table and chairs set. It's nice in here :)

yeldre a

I am out of practice – I forgot to list the details. The dress is from Alannah Hill, and the shoes are Jeffry Campbell – but you knew about the shoes already :)

I love this dress – it's pretty much a favourite at the moment. And, see, it's silk, it's good in summer and winter (so goes my reasoning) and, well, I just really like it. Especially with my ridiculously high platforms, which, in case anyone was wondering, are really easy to walk in.

yeldre c

yeldre e

It's the last day of summer here, not that you'd notice; it's really grey and gloomy and it's been raining on and off all day. I'm not really a summer person, and although it would have been nice to have some more sunny, warm, let's-go-outside kind of days, I am so chuffed to be going into Autumn. It's still my favourite season, even though it is so different from the London Autumn I will always be in love with, and I am looking forward to wearing my warmer clothes – and this time that means lots of velvet, my trusty black cape (I wouldn't mind finding a heavier waterproof one, though, but I do like this one), my black '40s wool suit jacket, various fluffy scarfy-collary things and some vintage hats I picked up last week.

yeldre h

yeldre d

yeldre g

0 comments:

Post a Comment