Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 4, 2012

Info Post
1930s green red dress a

Thursday was the first day of Autumn for us here in Australia. The weather was clearly thrilled to let us know that summer was over, and gave us a cold rainy start to the new season.

I have been really looking forward to some cooler days so I can wear my vintage rayon dresses. I think wearing summer clothes in winter can be a tricky thing – there's more to it than just adding tights and cardigans and coats, I think; the weight of the different fabrics has to work, too. But we won't worry about that just yet.

I wore my late 1930's green dress with a red, black and white floral print, with my favourite red shoes – yep, those ones, I think they were a good buy, yes?! – and a pair of black over-the-knee socks that I added at the last minute. I love this dress; it has some great late '30's details which are quite different to those of early 1940's dresses. I think I feel a post about this coming on..!

Anyway, here's to my favourite season!

1930s green red dress e
1930s green red dress c
1930s green red dress b

0 comments:

Post a Comment