Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Info Post
Well, restoring and painting your house when it's full of books and bookshelves and computers and DVDs and clothes and ... tons of your stuff is not a holiday. We had to pack and cover everything .Then we packed the essential and moved to my mother's:  4 people and all their things  for a fortnight ( I hope it won't take longer!)  in a very small space already inhabited by other 4! It's being quite complicated. You can't take everything with you and I'm a bit ...spoilt: I need my books, laptop, DVDs more than anything else.
Moreover, I'm not in one the fittest periods in my life these days so ... I'm quite depressed. Why must time fly away like this? Yeah, because my health is flying away with it! Add that it has been always raining and  imagine what my real mood might be like.
I'm trying to keep up on my routines but it's not that easy. I'm reading, keeping in touch with my e-mail contacts, preparing lessons and correcting tests, more difficult is being watching my DVDs or blogging but I have to be patient. 

I've just finished reading one of my  new online acquaintances's first novel, Maria Beatrice Panico. She's an extraordinay young woman: a doctor, a researcher and a writer. We've met on line, thanks to my blog/s since both love Austen and Gaskell.  Reading her first publication has been a lovely extra  activity among the many items in my TBR list. I'm going to introduce her and her novel, CARA ISABEL (or DEAR ISABEL in English) to all of you soon. There will be an author interview + giveaway here on FLY HIGH!




Now I'm reading an extraordinary good book. It's an Italian and, unfortunately, hasn't been translated. "La Bambinaia Francese" tells about young Sophie's story. She's Céline Varens's daughter 's nurse and baby-sitter. The child's name Adéle. The story takes place between France and England and ... it is a different, original, intriguing look at bleak Thornfield Hall and its inhabitants ,among whom Jane Eyre and Edward Rochester.
I couldn't see many new movies or series though I've got many in my TBW list. I started seeing Vexed (1 episode) with Toby Stephens which is a recent BBC series in which our Mr Rochester/ Prince John plays a weird amusing police detective.
I want to see the other two episodes. It's just comedy, more a parody than serious police investigation. But this is just what I need in such a distressing time. I also saw the first episode of the latest BBC Sherlock but I can't say I liked it very much. Let's wait for the other two episodes before the final verdict.

What I couldn't miss was Spooks 9 new episode. I watched it later than usual, I mean I didn't watch it on Monday night, impossible this time . But I watched it anyway and that's great luck for someone loving the series so much but living outside the UK. The first episodes were brilliant, packed with emotions. Maybe I'm influenced by my awkward missing-home mood, distressed by the idea of my poor house needing hard work to get back to its ordinary aspect (Poor me! All those books to be put back onto their shelves! Floors, windows, doors and furniture to be cleaned!) ...
Worried, Lucas? So am I. But ... Where has your cool head gone?
 I was rather puzzled, unsatisfied, confused, disorientated by this episode. I'm not saying more in this rambling post of an exiled blogger. I'll wait for you on my next RA Friday.

Serious troubles!

Maybe I'll change my mind watching it again. Maybe. But, Lucas! What happened to you? Did the writer of this episode read the previous scripts or watch the  episodes  you were in before?!? I know, it's difficult to keep a clear head when you are lost in love but ... where has  series 7 quite cold  Lucas gone to? Maya, Maya, Maya! This story will come to no good. Ok. I said I'll stop ... and I'll do it here. I don't want to depress you too much ...

Master of deception?
Your exiled and a bit sad,  
 MG 

0 comments:

Post a Comment