Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, November 4, 2012

Info Post
pale skin makeup 1 Well, first of all I need to apologise: yesterday morning I accidently clicked "delete" instead of "publish" and deleted your lovely comments on my last post. There is no trash can or anything like it in blogger, so one wrong click a few mm to the right and those comments are gone for good! It's very annoying.

BUT I promised I'd do a post on the makeup I use for my pale skin, so here it is! I've found it really, really hard – and expensive – to find a foundation that works well enough on my very fair skin. They are almost always too dark, too pink, too yellow, or, if the shade isn't too bad, the texture is horrible.

At the moment, I am using these five products:

– Olay complete defence sinscreen SPF 30
– Foundation: Bourjois Flower Perfection in shade no. 51
– Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque
– Laura Mercier secret concealer in shade no. 1
– Bourjois Flower Perfection Loose Powder in Universal Shade

The Bourjois foundation and powder were sent to me a while ago to try and I really like them, and would definitely get the foundation again. It is pretty cheap (by Australia's ridiculously expensive makeup standards) and the shade is... pretty good, actually. I was expecting it to be too dark but it's not too bad for me. It also has yellow undertones, which are quite flattering on my cold-but-wait-there-are-freckles! colouring. I don't use the powder everyday but it gives a nice matte finish and does lighten things nicely, without giving me talcum powder face. Good.

I hate how, as a vintage-loving blogger, banging on and on about how I have such pale skin can sound like such a sly brag. The downs sides of this fair complexion are my dark blue under eye circles, which are bad when I am rested, and very bad when I'm not! I usually use the corrector, which is a very pale, slightly pinky beigey white, and then use the LM concealer on top. The concealer is quite peachy but the texture is fantastic, nice and creamy and easy to blend and, on top of the corrector, which is thicker but still good and creamy, it does counter the shadows well. The corrector was out of stock in Melbourne when I tried to get it (have I mentioned how hard it can be to get makeup here?!) so I bought it online, and bought the LM concealer in store. They are both quite expensive but I find them worth it and they last for ages.

I also want to post about what my 1930's beauty book has to say about pale skin and foundation, so I'll do that soon. But, tell me. What foundation do you use? Any tips you want to share? pale skin makeup 2

0 comments:

Post a Comment