Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Info Post
msfw wed a
Last night I went to see the day 3 show of MSFW. I went along to the 9pm one, which was great – plenty of time to get ready and have dinner after work. Um, it should have also meant plenty of time to shoot some outfit pics before I left, but there was An Incident, it didn't happen, but now I know for Friday: do it early!

I am extra sad I didn't take any pics because I wanted to show (off) my Betty Draper/Grace Kelly hair. I decided that rather than sleep with my hair in pin curls and have another wakeful night dreaming that rats were nibbling my head, I would set it in the morning and wear it under a scarf all day. We had some gale force winds yesterday, so it was a doubly good idea. These winds actually stopped while I left my house, only to pick up again when I got off the train at Flinders Street... and were back up to walking-is-difficult by the time I was going home. So, yeah, windswept hair is an under statement!

The night itself was good. Melbourne looks so pretty on a clear night and the Town Hall is a beautiful venue. On the short walk there, I saw this guy making a giraffe on the footpath with water and a mop. Sadly, I didn't see many familiar faces in the crowds, but I liked the parade. I'll let you enjoy the professional photos of the show itself, but will share some of my favourites: I loved this colour combo (peach and lilac!) and the capelet by YB J'aime, and the full skirts with peplum tops by Jayson Brunsdon.

I am now home today with sniffles, eating lots of vitamin C and drinking tea (and making silly rhymes, ha) but I look forward to the shows tomorrow night – and I will, I will, I WILL do outfit shots. Yes!

And anway I can't get too sick: I have a great long weekend lined up, and fly to Tasmania on Sunday to visit MONA! I am SO excited!

msfw wed bmsfw wed cmsfw wed dmsfw wed emsfw wed fmsfw wed hmsfw wed g

0 comments:

Post a Comment